Monday, March 5, 2012

Ruby (and the workshop)

"Ruby"  (pastel, 6x6 inches)  sold

This one was my first demo on Thursday morning at my "Pastel in Miniature" workshop in Rockdale. (She didn't have a name when I painted her, so I assigned that task to the student who purchased her later that day!)
It was a small group of students, but 'quality over quantity' should be my new motto. What  great bunch of talented ladies! Everyone enjoyed the workshop and I had great feedback. The Rockdale Chamber is already expecting me for next year's Tejas Festival!

One of my students generously volunteered to take some photographs of my demos; here's "Ruby" in progress:






1 comment:

  1. I like this a nice set up Rita. I understand your satisfaction teaching as I also teach art in small groups on my island.
    I love your animal paintings they are so life like.
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete