Saturday, May 12, 2012

Baa-bee and Maa

"Baa-bee and Maa" (pastel, 8x6 inches)  click here to bid

Well, after a hectic week of crazy life away from the easel, I've finally finished this one that I had started on Monday. I suppose I'll never be able to completely cut animals out of my subject matter. I just have to get away from them for a while now and then... But these two were irresistible!

I spent a long day cropping and adjusting some sky photos this week, and I think I might paint some. I'm almost done with a drawing that I'll post tomorrow.

I've begun putting some thoughts to what new work to create for my 2-Woman Show later this year with friend and fellow pastelist Jeannette Cuevas. The exhibit will be at Cactus Jack's from October 20 through the end of the year.

2 comments:

  1. Rita don't you ever stop painting animals because you're terrific at it! This painting stopped me in my tracks....you did it again...just beautiful!

    ReplyDelete