Wednesday, May 22, 2013

The Quiet Side of White

"The Quiet Side of White"  (pastel, 32x32 inches)  $4000

My new show-stopper to replace the two that sold in Houston this spring. This one will be with me at the Official Texas State Arts & Crafts Fair in Kerrville, TX, this Memorial Day Weekend, May 24-26. (Along with several other new works never before shown in public!)

It's going to be a beautiful weekend - sunny and hovering around 90 with just enough cloud cover and a breeze to keep it from feeling too hot. (And come on... in south Texas, 90's not hot!) Come on out to Kerrville and enjoy the days of shopping and browsing beautiful artwork, fantastic food and drinks, free live music, demonstrations and children's activities. Fun for the whole family!

Visit the Texas Arts & Crafts Educational Foundation website at www.tacef.org for more info about the Fair!

.

4 comments:

  1. Rita!!! This painting absolutely takes my breath away - I gasped so loud I woke up my dog! STUNNING!!!! I need to take a workshop with you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Brenda! Too bad right now's the first time in 2 years that I've not got a workshop scheduled, but I'll be working on getting something on the calendar in the next few months. What area are you from?

      Delete
  2. Hi Rita, I'm in the Atlanta area - I know where there are LOTS of cows ( and horses ) if that entices you in any way : )
    How many people do you need to have a workshop? Maybe you could come to the http://www.theartschoolinsandysprings.com/WORKSHOPS.html - Lisa Daria Kennedy is scheduled for Nov. 2 and 3, 2013.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Brenda, 8 is my usual required minimum. Think there'd be that many in Sandy Springs who'd like to take my workshop? You can email me thru my website and maybe we can schedule something! http://ritakirkman.com/contact

      Delete