Friday, June 14, 2013

Skye

"Skye"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

I feel like this one is one step closer to the looser, bolder style that I like to see myself working towards. For some odd reason, I find myself imagining working toward a future style of either hyper-realism or bold semi-abstraction. Since the bold and the loose is usually also the fast, in my time-starved life that's usually the winning direction.

"Skye" was primed a few days ago with the rest of this new batch of cows, but the pastel application for the finished painting took about 45 minutes. Anything under an hour is ideal in my books. No time for fussing or overworking or fixing mistakes (so no time for making mistakes!) Unfortunately no time for taking progress shots either.

But I really like how the gold primer was allowed to remain it's own color, in particular as reflected light on her body to the right of her face.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment