Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Road Sketch #30

"Road Sketch #30"  (pastel, 5x7 inches)  click here to bid

Why is it one always needs a vacation from one's vacation? I had six paintings done at my sister's house, which was one for each day I had left to get home, and only had time to post three of them! Well, here's the next, and I guess I'm still two days ahead... gotta look on the bright side.

I really liked my approach on this one.  I used a piece of primed gatorboard that I had with me, that already had one layer of my favorite gold primer. Then I did the pastel / denatured alcohol wash-in for the underpainting, using only a few various reds/oranges. I wanted to see if I could replicate the look I usually get with the terra cotta primer on top of the gold.

Progress shots below:











 Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

1 comment:

  1. Beautiful work,the orange-gold showing through makes it so bright and lively.I hope you enjoyed your 'vacation'!

    ReplyDelete