Thursday, September 19, 2013

Beaufort

"Beaufort"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid

Though this is definitely not a dairy cow, I was happy that one of my cheese names fit him so well. "Beaufort" is such a satisfyingly manly sort of name, I think. Pronounce it loudly with a Texan accent and you'll see what I mean.

Getting ready for a weekend away, and was way too busy today for progress shots (I actually forgot to take my camera to the studio, and even though it's just 50 paces behind the house, I was not in the mood to go back and get it! Ever have one of those days?)

But here's a fun bit of news about Beaufort, he's the flipped image of "Bruce" from early last year...
"Bruce" (pastel, 7x5 inches) March 2012
It's been fun to deliberately work from some photos that I've done before, and see how my style has progressed. I seem to be getting much more friendly with color, and have been sneaking in some fun, calligraphic strokes lately.

Sometimes I wonder if, when I've played out this loose, expressive phase to my content, if I'll come full circle back to a tight photo-realism, but with a deeper vitality because of my color choices... Hmmm. Who knows. I'm too busy in the present to ponder that for too long!

I have another bit of exciting news to brag about in tomorrow's post, but then I may be 'absent' over the weekend. But I'm taking a bunch of new cow photos with me to paint! So be ready for next week! Thank you all for reading, and please share my posts with your friends!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment