Wednesday, November 27, 2013

Mr. Tom T. Giving

"Mr. Tom T. Giving" (pastel, 8x6 inches)  click here to bid

Mr. Tom Thanks Giving (or just "Mr. Tom" for short) is a handsome turkey. I looked up examples of him on Google and found out he is called a Royal Palm Gobbler (I learn something new every day!) He's also from possibly the only good photo reference of a turkey that I have in my collection that has any sort of decent light in it. I don't remember where I saw him; it's an old photo. But I thought he'd be perfect for wishing you all a Very Happy Thanksgiving!

I also painted a lovely portrait of another turkey from a photo that I found online (not from a photographer's or artist's website) and I'll post that one tomorrow with a link to the photo source.

Meanwhile here are some progress shots of Mr. Tom:











No comments:

Post a Comment