Sunday, March 23, 2014

The Hanging Tree (and the Casey Klahn workshop)

"The Hanging Tree"  (pastel, 8x10 inches) $365 framed

Here's my one good painting from Casey Klahn's workshop last weekend in New Braunfels, TX. The weekend was fascinating and much more challenging than I had thought it would be.

This painting went through some little revisions after the workshop. Here's how it looked on Sunday:
(slightly blurry) Alas, I did work from a photo, not my imagination as Casey does, but the fixes I worked on it were all made up so I guess that counts!

My favorite part of the workshop was when Casey asked for a donation of an old painting for him to 'work' on resolving a new painting out of. I had brought several, as it was on his supply list for us to resolve our own old or unfinished paintings. So I practically forced a painting on him, although he did pick this one out of my stack. Click the photos below to see a short progression on how he transformed my old amateur landscape into his own colorist work!
before....                              ....and after!

.


No comments:

Post a Comment