Friday, November 13, 2015

Cat-ness - day 13

"Cat-ness"  (pastel on paper, 12x9 inches)

Day 13 of my 30 paintings in 30 days of November!

This one was done on an excellent hot press heavy watercolor paper that I found at Hobby Lobby. The brand is Moulin du Roy. I'd never heard of it, but it's really luscious! I stretched it and primed it with the pastel primers as usual. I think I might like it! Well, I better like it because I bought 4 full sheets of it and this is just a quarter sheet.

This kitty looks a lot like my husband's late cat, Taffa. I almost called it "Taffa being a cat" because this is one of those cat poses that really is the most cat-like.
Just sitting there.
Being aesthetically perfect.
Ignoring humans and everything else beneath their notice.

Eventually I decided not to attach a name to the title.

I may hold this one for submission to the exhibit in China.

I took 3 shots of my progress:



No comments:

Post a Comment