click here to bid
Day 20 of my 30 paintings in 30 days of November!
Today in my workshop I demoed my underpainting method with pastel primers; in the morning I underpainted a rooster and in the afternoon I underpainted this landscape. The plan was originally for the students to underpaint a 'batch' of paintings today, then add pastel on Saturday and Sunday, but by popular demand, I added the pastel to this landscape today after underpainting it. (Plus I needed a painting to post today... so this is it!)
I have no progress shots to show, but I think one of my students might have some.
I did finish this little landscape when I got home (in case you students recognize that it looks a little different..) The batch of trees on the upper left were far too sparse, and overall I still had too much of the red primer showing through some of the green areas, and conversely, parts of it were getting a little tight and overworked. So I wiped out the left side trees and repainted more thickly, and then generally added loose greenery all over, and a bit more looseness to the sunlit patch on the lower left.