Monday, December 7, 2015

Yawning Tortoise

"Yawning Tortoise"  (pastel, 6x6 inches)  click here to bid

In the midst of preparing for the Christmas Arts & Craft Show at my local mall (setup is Tuesday night) I've been having horrible posting withdrawal symptoms from having not blogged or done anything with social media in six whole days! Aak!

So, since there are no new paintings as I head into three weeks of pencil portraits, I decided to give an old favorite some new attention! I've always liked this tortoise painting. I painted it when I was really getting a good grasp of applying the pastel in a minimal and fresh way that allows a little to say a lot. I recently got it back from a gallery where it had just never connected with the right buyer, so I'm giving it another shot on auction, unframed. We'll see what happens!

While I'm on the topic of paintings, I have the decisions from the Ming Gallery jury for their "Spring Greetings" exhibit coming up in February. They've chosen (of course) "Deep Sheep", and five of the smaller paintings that I submitted last week... drumroll... Here they are!
"Deep Sheep" pastel, 28x25 inches
"Cat-ness" pastel, 12x9 inches
"Ginger Bun" pastel, 8x8 inches
"Hop Cross Buns" pastel, 10x10 inches
"Listening" pastel, 10x10 inches
"Pippi" pastel, 9x7 inches
 The exhibit will be at the Ming Gallery in in Suzhou, China, Feb 4 - March 6, 2016. I'll post more info as the dates approach.

No comments:

Post a Comment