Monday, April 11, 2016

Anna

"Anna" (pastel, 8x6 inches)

This was my demo on Saturday at the Marble Falls Paint the Town Plein Air Event earlier this month. A few artists were invited to demo our painting skills on some beautiful ballerina models between 1:00 and 3:30 pm, to fill the time between the competition entry deadline at noon and the award reception that evening.

There was another paint-off on Friday evening with some of the same elegant girls, but after my exhausting "Candyscape" I struggled with unfamiliar paper and an awkward pose (my girl of choice decided to hold her arm up in a graceful overhead arc - something I'd never tried to paint before!)

photo by Debbie Slangal
So this time I used my usual golden-red primed board in the familiar small size and close cropped portrait. It also turned out I had the model to myself, so I asked her to put her hair down - abundant, glorious hair!
photo by Debbie Slangal

I felt privileged to be painting along side some fantastically talented oil painters such as Patrick Saunders (Best of Show winner). Here are a few shots of some of the artists at work:
Patrick Saunders




Here's a short video of us taken by Debbie Slangal on Saturday painting these lovely ballerinas:


No comments:

Post a Comment