Monday, October 31, 2016

Day 1 - K is for Kangaroo

"K is for Kangaroo" (pastel, 20x10 inches) click here to bid

Yes, "Day 1" means I'm going to attempt another 30-Paintings-in-30-Days this month. November seems to be my best month for this challenge. I did it last November, and in 2014 as well.

I have only two hurdles: a workshop in Missouri this weekend with over 3 days of driving round trip, and a large portrait commission due this month, that may take a while. So I've been a busy bee in my studio the past few days, prepping lots of underpaintings, and getting a jump on the month so that I can have a few blog posts drafted before I head north on Wednesday. Tomorrow I'll post Sunday's demo from the Texas Pastel Society meeting.

Here are progress shots of Kangaroo:





..And here's a sneak peek at about half of the batch I've got going for this month!




No comments:

Post a Comment