Wednesday, November 23, 2016

Day 24 - A Texas Tradition

"A Texas Tradition"  (pastel, 36x36 inches)  $5180

Happy Thanksgiving from our family to yours!

Day 24 in my 30-Paintings-in-30-Days of November. So here's what I've been working on in between all those little ones. I was a week ahead with my postings and now I'm not (lol.) I pushed on through with this one all this past week. Since my last two large cow paintings sold in October, I wanted to get this one done before the rush of the Holiday Season.

Last week I posted the underpainting, here it is again along with just a few of the many progress shots I took...







 At this point I decided I didn't like how the daddy's feet were disappearing into the grass. It didn't allow for enough depth between him and the mama in the middle distance.
 So I wiped them out with a wet rag,
 and redrew them.

Then finished the grasses and the rest of the final tweaks to the painting...

 Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment