Monday, December 5, 2016

Mel (and the House Rabbit Society)

"Mel"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  click here to bid or buy
Reference photo donated by Angela Hen of the House Rabbit Society.

I had a fortuitous encounter a couple of weeks ago with the Facebook group of the House Rabbit Society. Someone had added me to the group a long while ago, and I was just getting around to browsing it. I was instantly hooked! Total Visual Cuteness Therapy! So I decided to leave a post with a message asking members if they would like to share some photos with me for painting references.

36 hours later I had over 200 responses and more than 250 photos shared by these very generous and friendly bunnies and their humans!

To shorten a longer story, I've decided to make a 10% donation to the House Rabbit Society for any bunny painting I sell that is either of the following:

1) Any bunny painting from a photo that was donated by a member of the HRS or the HRS Facebook group.

2) Any bunny painting purchased by a member of the HRS, even if it was painted from my own photo. (Member must mention this at the time of purchase.)

The House Rabbit Society is an international, nonprofit animal welfare organization which rescues abandoned rabbits and finds permanent adoptive homes for them, and through education, seeks to reduce the number of unwanted rabbits and to improve bunnies’ lives by helping people better understand these often misunderstood companion animals. Visit their website at Rabbit.org to learn more!

Meanwhile, here are some progress shots of Mel, which was one of my demos this past weekend at my Brenham Texas workshop:








Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment