Thursday, May 31, 2018

The Painter's Cabin

"The Painter's Cabin" (10x8 inches) gifted

This is the charming little house in Kerrville TX that I stayed in last weekend. I was in Kerrville to do caricatures at a festival in the evenings, so in the daylight hours I painted in this aptly named abode! (Many of this week's little paintings were completed here.) It was such a creative atmosphere that I was inspired to gift the owner with a portrait of her house...

Since plein air is not my favorite preference, I took some photos, and picked this view to paint. I had brought some random sheets of stuff, anticipating that I might do some experimental work. I painted the house on some pink sanded paper which unfortunately I can't remember what it was, but it had a very bumpy texture that worked quite well with the impressionistic style I was striving for. I wanted to keep it loose enough to at least look like it might have been done en plein air.


Pastel under painting washed in with water.




If you're curious about the house, you can reserve it for your next Hill Country stay on Airbnb or on VRBO.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment