Friday, July 6, 2018

Bramble Bunny

"Bramble Bunny" (pastel, 7x5 inches) $200 unframed for a limited time, or $265 framed.

This is the second painting I've done of this deep dark bunny. I decided to play up on the dramatic lighting this time. His rich jewel-tone coat reminded me of a blackberry, so I call him Bramble, after Wikipedia's description of a blackberry bush.

Here are some progress shots. I did include a bit of the blue-toned primer to help with the depth...

the blue primer, over some of the terra cotta
(For a more informed description of my underpainting process including my new blue choice, see "Blue Bunny"s post!)






how Bramble Bunny will look in his frame..
Speaking of fun underpainting methods, it's not too late to register for my workshop in Gastonia NC (Charlotte area) July 20-22! Coming up fast! Give yourself a spur-of-the-moment creative gift; you deserve it! (and please do forward to all your east coast friends!)
Click the flyer below for more details, and contact Nancy Kennedy at nckennedyart@gmail.com to register!


Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment