Wednesday, March 20, 2019

Ruairidh


"Ruairidh" (pastel, 24x12 inches) $1150

Painting 16 of my 21-in-31 in March!

OMG! I just found out how to stitch scans together using Photoshop! I can't believe it took me this long to learn it; I had been doing it manually for years. One quick Google search, and BAM! Hours of future labor saved! (*Happy dance*)

I named this one Ruairidh because I've already used "Rusty" twice, and "Rory" once, and "Ruairidh" is the root of Rory, which means Red-Haired King in Scottish Gaelic.

I began this painting years ago, while working an event, and it was failing miserably. At home later I wiped it all back down to the under-painting and put it aside. Today I was feeling confident, and decided it was time to finish it.

This young king will be with me at the Bayou City Art Festival, March 29-31, 2019. Find me in booth 519.



No comments:

Post a Comment