Thursday, May 16, 2019

Little Ruby

"Little Ruby" (pastel, 12x6 inches) $400 framed

Back in the studio with a vengeance! It's finally hit me that the IAPS Convention is only 17 days away, and I've got to freshen up my demo technique...
Not only that but the Texas Masters Invitational Fine Art Show & Sale is next weekend, May 24-26 (at the Y.O. Ranch Hotel, Kerrville, Texas) and I need some new paintings! Little Ruby will be with me there (unless she sells first.) Hope y'all can come by and enjoy Memorial Day weekend in the Texas Hill Country! (The Kerrville Festival of the Arts will be down on Water Street too -- plenty of great Art in one trip!)






3 comments:

  1. This is so beautiful! But I'm confused. It says it's a pastel but that looks like an oil painted underpainting. Can you clarify your process for me?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bamamade! I underpaint with acrylic-based pastel primers that contain pumice. Then the pastel applied in layers over that. This post explains it fairly well: http://ritakirkman.blogspot.com/2014/09/willow-day-15.html

      Delete
  2. This is so beautiful! But I'm confused. It says it's a pastel but that looks like an oil painted underpainting. Can you clarify your process for me?

    ReplyDelete