Thursday, January 9, 2020

Day 10 - Blue and Gold Macaw

"Blue and Gold Macaw" (pastel, 8x6 inches) click here to bid or buy

Day 10 of my 31-in-31 posts for January 2020!

I painted this one today (finally) while working the Carriage House Gallery. When I finished, I realized how short and mussed he is. I believe he may have been recovering from an injury (I took the reference photo at a small zoo for rescued animals.) When I took the photo I hadn't noticed. I was attracted by the light and the intelligent look in his eye.





at the gallery with my Heilman sketchbox and side of Rembrandts



Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

2 comments:

  1. He is beautiful, incredible colors, as always! I didn't noticed he was mussed at all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Bernadette! (I was just comparing him with other pics found online... I shouldn't do that! I don't want to give him a feather complex, LOL!)

      Delete