Tuesday, January 28, 2020

Day 29 - Self Caricature


"Me, 2019" (Prismacolor markers and art stix, 14x11 inches)

Day 29 of my 31-in-31 posts in January.

Yeah you guessed it, no new painting today. So here's something a little different to celebrate the San Antonio Rodeo coming up February 6-23, 2020. Some of you know that I've been doing caricatures since 1988 with a long history of working in amusement parks, and I still do them each year at the SA Rodeo along with quick portrait sketches.

This is my recent updated caricature, the first one I've done of me in a couple decades. Here's my old one, from (wow) ...18 years ago... Been a long time since I've had long hair and short bangs!



Come on out to the Rodeo if you're in the area! Find my booth in the Freeman Coliseum just down the stairs from the front entrance.


.

No comments:

Post a Comment