Thursday, January 30, 2020

Day 31 - West Texas #5

"West Texas #5" (pastel, 5x7 inches)

Day 31 of my 31-in-31 in January 2020! YAY, I did it!!

And I did manage to find one last old board that already had a brushed-off old painting on it. This was a 5x7 Ampersand Pastelbord, and I brought up the values with some Art Spectrum off-white pigment ink, which was amazingly opaque. Fun to work with and giving me all kinds of ideas!





 These two colors in the pots above are two of the combos of toned pumice primers that I've been working with. The gold color is a mix of some of the Art Spectrum pigmented ink yellows and gold ochre mixed into the Art Spectrum clear multimedia & pastel primer (which contains pumice.)
The blue is some Golden brand fluid acrylic ultramarine mixed with the Golden brand fine pumice gel.
I also used a bit of Art Spectrum's terra cotta multimedia & pastel primer, thinned down in some of their clear primer. (Yes... the three primaries, all you need! :)

Then, for the pastel...




Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment