Friday, January 31, 2020

My Faves of January!

As a review of my first January 31-in-31, here are a few of my favorites!

Clockwise from upper left:
"Intent" (pastel, 6x6) on hold for the Austin Pastel Society Members Exhibition in March.
"Passing Stormclouds" (pastel, 14x14) available at the Carriage House Gallery.
"Chewy" (pastel, 8x8) also available at the Carriage House Gallery, along with
"Road Sketch #35" (pastel, 3x5)
"Frog #20" (pastel, 6x4) sold
and "Firebrand" (pastel, 12x12)

It was a real challenge to do the dailies so early in the year in a month usually reserved for resting, paperwork, and planning, but I'm glad I did, because who knows when some of these paintings would have been done otherwise!? I've resolved to at least paint more frequently this year than I did last year... that's as much as I can promise...



But for now I'll be taking a short rest from blogs and social media while I get ready for the San Antonio Rodeo, where I'll be in my 25th year drawing quick portraits from life (and now caricatures too!) Find me in booth c-415 on the floor of the Coliseum just down the stairs from the front entrance.
February 6-23. SARodeo.com


No comments:

Post a Comment