Thursday, October 22, 2015

Castor and Pollux

"Castor and Pollux"  (pastel, 32x32 inches)  $4100
(EDIT AS OF 11/2015: This painting now available at The Gallery at Brookwood)

Here's the reason I've been silent for several days. FINALLY, a new large work! First one since May of this year. Just HAD to get this done for the Wimberley Alive Music and Art Festival this weekend, Oct 24&25, 2015.
(EDIT AS OF 10/23: The decision was just made to postpone the entire festival [because of the rain]. The team is meeting today at 2:00 to determine what that means.!)

And, if you follow my blog, you might notice that this is not the painting I was going to paint. Yes, I decided after all to do this one, which I'd had in mind for a while. I just really like to push compositional rules, and wanted to see if I could line up those faces perfectly and still make it work!

This painting's complete compositional process will be part of a slide show for a new workshop next March in Kansas called "The Large Project", where I'll guide students through combining photo references to create one large painting.

Meanwhile, here are just a few of the many photos of the painting progress:








Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment