Tuesday, March 1, 2011

My Entry for IAPS Master Circle Exhibit

Here is "Red Robin" (pastel 8x6 inches,) my entry for the International Association of Pastel Societies first Master Circle Exhibition. Each artist with Master Circle status, including those inducted during this year's convention, can enter one piece. The show will be simultaneous with the 18th IAPS Juried Exhibition, showing during the convention in Albuquerque, NM, June 1-5, 2011.

I was chosen to be one of 3 jurors of selection for the Juried Exhibit this year, which I'm terribly excited about! The jurying will begin in early April.

I'll also have a piece in the 'secret silent auction', showing in the same gallery during the convention, which will be a number of un-signed small paintings by selected pastel artists. The bidders will have the luxury of bidding on the basis of the art, and not the artist. On top of that, it will be great fun to view the works and try to guess "who done it?"

needless to say, I will NOT be posting my silent auction entry for this one! You'll have to see the show and try to guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment