Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Gypsy Player

"Gypsy Player"  (pastel, 8x6 inches)  $1000, Available at The Gallery at Round Top

This one of my latest in my award-winning Renaissance portrait series is part of the "Music for the Eyes" exhibit at The Gallery at Round Top, in Round Top, Texas. July 14 - August 5, 2012.

(And since I don't get out to Round Top but twice a year or so, they'll be happy to keep "Gypsy Player" on display f0r a while longer of she doesn't sell during the show.)

Here are a few progression shots I managed to get in the early stages of the work. Forgive the changes in color tone on some of these, my camera has it's own idea of metering the white balance...








4 comments:

  1. I enjoyed seeing the progression. Thanks. The result is wonderful! I love the warm light of the sun and the reflected light bounce on her face.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh this is great, Rita. LOVED seeing how your image evolved. No wonder these paintings are award winners!

    ReplyDelete