Friday, March 15, 2013

On the Drive Home (and Invite to the APS Reception!)

"On the Drive Home"  (pastel, 6x6 inches) sold

Here's my third little painting from Sunday. For this one I used a combination of almost-complementary and almost-analogous colors in my underpainting. For the blue sky and gravel road I used pink and orange, and for the dark greenish shrubs, shadowed house and green grass I used a violet and a dark teal. I'm really enjoying Terri's underpainting method, especially with the more adventurous colors! I just bought my own tin of denatured alcohol yesterday so I can do more!

I'd like to do this one again a bit larger, as soon as I'm done with my current batch of small cow paintings which I prepped today to finish at the New Braunfels Art League tomorrow (Stop by and say Hi if you're in the area!)

 The underpainting colors, unwashed. (On mounted Wallis paper)

The reference photo, and the underpainting washed in with alcohol.

In some other news, You are invited to join us in Austin this Sunday, March 17, from 3-5 for the Austin Pastel Society's Annual Juried Member Exhibition Reception and Awards! The exhibit is at the Chase Bank Corridor of Art at Lavaca and Seventh in Austin, Texas. Click the link above for details and important parking info! This show keeps getting better every year - hope you can make it!

My paintings below are included, and I heard it from the little birdie that I have an award of some kind (don't know what yet!)

"Lunch Al Fresco" 18x14

"Park Trail #17"  3x5

"Bandit" 8x6

.

No comments:

Post a Comment