Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Gem

"Gem" (pastel, 6x4 inches)  click here to bid

Gem was a distraction the other day when driving through town and passing one of the many grassy fields that border Loop 337. Surprising for such a sunny day, a doe was grazing and her twin fawns were frolicking in the shade of a big oak. I just HAD to pull over and aim my camera... with a few minutes of patience, I caught one of the fawns as he ventured into the sunlight. Then he noticed me and froze! Perfect!

I named him Gem for his beautiful sparkling coat!

.

2 comments:

  1. All your works are gems! This morning I passed a fenced in pasture and there was a little brown and white calf bouncing along after his mom and I thought of your art and how it captures those glimpses of joy.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Elizabeth! What a nice comment, that makes me happy!

      Delete