Monday, April 28, 2014

Rosie

"Rosie"  (pastel, 12x9 inches)  sold

Rosie is in Trade. She helped me acquire a tree that I admired for quite a while by an artist that I also admire.

Here's the tree painting (by Enid Wood) hanging in my office right above other landscapes by Jeri Salter and Virginia Vaughan.

And here are progress shots of Rosie (who also happens to be my first painting done exclusively with my new Terry Ludwig full set! - see my nicely cleaned off worktable so the set would fit?)
primer underpainting








 Here you can see what colors I used. I will have to reorganize all of these by Value and Temperature (in x and y coordinates,) as I'm used to. I had a fairly difficult time finding what I needed in these perfectly organized boxes of individual hues and values...
Oh, but it was so lovely to have all the colors I need in one set, and I just love the squared shape of TL's.
Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment