Monday, May 11, 2015

Bull Profile #2

"Bull Profile #2"  (pastel, 20 inch circle)  $1500

I'll be resting from painting this week, as I post the few works for my show that haven't been posted yet. Here's one of the two 20" circle profiles that I made for the circles wall of my show Beauty of the Beast at the Rockport Center for the Arts in Rockport, TX. The show opens Thursday, and the Reception and Gallery Talk is Saturday, May 16 at 4:30.

3 layers of the gold primer

with the terra cotta primer added

... then the black primer
 And them comes the pastel... (the camera had a hard time exposing for such deep darks, so try to ignore the slight value shifts from one shot to the next... The completed painting at the top of this post is from a scan, and shows the accurate color and tone.)





 Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment