Saturday, June 17, 2017

Park Trail #39

"Park Trail #39" (pastel, 12x16 inches) 

I did this one in Rae Smith's Saturday workshop at IAPS pastel convention last week. I used one of the samples of Yi Cai Pastel Paper, that the representatives from PR China were giving to the instructors. I used one of the medium gray tones, similar to the old Wallis paper. I really like this paper!! It feels a bit like Wallis, but smoother. Great weight, nice and strong. Very consistent. I was able to pile lots of layers on this. I used a dry method on this piece, but I can tell it would take wet mediums beautifully. The back of the paper has a smooth feel and tape pulls of flawlessly without tearing. I bought 5 more sheets before I left.
I'm trying to find out where to get this paper in the US...

Check out my progress shots:






Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment