Friday, August 17, 2018

Daddy's Girl (and the Large Project Workshop)

"Daddy's Girl" (pastel, 36x36 inches) $5180

So here's what I've been working on since I got back from the summer workshop trip. My son is composing a short video of the ENTIRE process of this painting, literally from start to finish, including the photo shoot of my friend's longhorns, how I combined photos to make the composition, and the complete painting process, all with voice-over description!

But I just couldn't wait to post this new piece!! So instead of the video (which is still in the works) here's a peek at a few of the still shots from the process. Stay tuned to my social media channels (YouTube, Facebook, etc) in the next week or so for the finished video.

UPDATE: Here's the video! 
 

And some still shots:

"in the field..."

 The two photos I ended up using...

Grid for the drawing:
A start on the underpainting:
Finally, the pastel:

"Daddy's Girl" finished and framed!

No comments:

Post a Comment