Monday, June 17, 2019

Nabi - a commissioned cat portrait

"Nabi" (pastel, 10x8 inches) sold

Back from the International Pastel Convention (IAPS) and sloooowly re-adjusting to real life again. While I get my convention paintings sorted and my new pastel goodies organized, I thought I'd post this cat portrait from a little while back, since my son recently finished editing the video.

Nabi is a client's beloved kitty who had passed away. Luckily my client had a really good photo showing her curious personality!

This full length speed video shows my entire process, from the drawing through the underpainting to the pastel finish... enjoy!



If you are curious about commissioning a pet portrait, you can see more samples here, and a price list here (scroll down to second list.)

No comments:

Post a Comment