Tuesday, October 26, 2021

Resting Rhinoceros

 "Resting Rhinoceros" (pastel, 12x12 inches) bid or buy here

I was scrambling around my studio in the days before my workshop trip to Minnesota, trying to pack for the workshop and an art festival, and right after returning from doing caricatures somewhere else. It was a hectic time! I needed to prep some demos for the workshop and another (preferably larger) demo for after their meeting. So I grabbed this rhino that I had just barely started the first layer of underpainting somewhere around 2018 I think (so long ago I can NOT find the first photo of it anywhere!) and it was still hanging out in my studio...  I figured I could finish painting it as my demo for the Lake Country Pastel Society meeting on the second evening of the workshop.

Read more and see a couple of progress pics here!

2 comments:

  1. the rhino looks great, very heavy but relaxed 😀

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Jennifer! Yes, I thought he looked rather sad and a bit bored...

      Delete