Sunday, March 6, 2022

Morning Meditation

 

"Morning Meditation" (pastel, 10x17 inches) $590 framed

This was started in the first day of the Lyn Asselta workshop I took this weekend. I highly recommend her workshop! She's an excellent and challenging instructor. Instead of teaching the 'how' of painting, she teaches the 'why'. Or specifically, how to learn to understand 'why' we paint something. Of course I had a difficult time because most of my 'why's are because "it's pretty and someone might want to buy it." 😂

And hopefully that will be true of this sunrise, which will be with me at the Naples Downtown Art Show, coming soon March 19 & 20! Find me in booth 222 on 5th Ave between 3rd and 4th Streets.

See a quick GIF here!

4 comments:

  1. "It's pretty and someone might want to buy it" is a valid reason! But I've always studied why something inspires me to paint it, especially when it's out of my usual genres for painting, though the choice often depends just as much on the amount of time I have on hand. This is really a lovely sunrise, and it's always nice to see how you work your subjects other than animals.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Bernadette. With landscapes, I'm all over the place, unless it's one of my own demos, then it's usually a "park trail" Lol. I'd love to have the time to do nothing but landscapes for a year straight, to really start finding my own voice in that genre. I'm just afraid of the loss of income from the lack of animals! 😜

      Delete