Wednesday, June 15, 2011

"Mountain Tour" and Margaret Evans workshop

"Mountain Tour" (pastel, 8x10in)

This was my first plein aire painting in the Margaret Evans workshop that followed the IAPS Convention earlier this month. It's probably also my second-favorite, after "From the Hillside," my last one from that workshop!
I included the directional sign, inspired by a painting I bought from a friend and amazing pastelist, Jeri Salter.

Since I'm at home on my trusty PC today and have the time, I thought I'd include some pics form Margaret's workshop. Here are some shots of her Monday morning demo.








 Here's where she left us to go start our own paintings. She worked a bit more on this Tuesday, but I didn't get a shot of it done.

The views were absolutely amazing - here's a shot of my view for "Mountain Tour"

No comments:

Post a Comment