Sunday, March 8, 2009

Some Results of the Desmond O'Hagan Workshop

As promised, Here are the finished paintings I did over the weekend.

The workshop was good. These two waterlilies were admired by the other students, and I'm pretty happy with how they came out, but they're SO very different from my usual style, it's hard for me to get a grip on my attitude about them. I do like the compositions, which I guess is the main thing. I rearranged the lily pads and inserted the fish in both paintings to create better balance. But the style is so very loose! It's weird for me to see it in my own work!

By the last day, I felt I was finally able to grasp some of Mr. O'Hagan's technique and incorporate it into my own style. I did a couple of landscapes on Sunday. Here's one of my favorites. I like the simple composition, and I was really happy with how the shadows look on the path in the foreground. Also, I just like paths and roads in artwork. I always like to wonder where they go...

1 comment:

  1. I like the light in your lili paintings and the looseness. Great job Rita!

    ReplyDelete