Thursday, January 26, 2012

Pigeon Fight

I gave up on 'filling-old-frames' and decided to just paint whatever the heck I wanted to paint! (...once I figured out what that was.) So today I painted. In oil. And it was good. I'm happy. But I painted in the evening, and won't have a good daylight photo of it until tomorrow. So stay tuned tomorrow for another 6x6 gull painting!

Meanwhile, here's one of my entries to the Austin Pastel Society's Annual Juried Member Exhibition.

"Pigeon Fight"  (pastel, 16x16 inches)  is a new painting I finished just last week, and a new subject and perspective that's a little out of the ordinary for me. I enjoyed it, and perhaps there will be series ...someday.

6 comments:

  1. A series would be really good! Even a tryptich would look good of these birds, you can see the fluttering and ernest feeding frenzy thats going on...MORE!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete
    2. this is really beautiful -- it jumped out at me from my facebook news feed -- from daily paintworks -- very nice!!

      Delete
  2. Good for you! You made me smile, I love this one, but then I'm partial to all God's creatures! Thanks for sharing your talent!

    ReplyDelete