Thursday, February 9, 2012

Quick-Sketch of the day - #1

(conte and pastel, 16x12 inches)

The San Antonio Rodeo has begun! I've got my double-booth open, and ready to sell! Today, "opening" Thursday, has been historically one of the slowest days of the entire event, so I was thrilled to oblige this handsome couple visiting from out of state who wanted their portrait drawn.
Here they are below, posing with their finished portrait:

I didn't time myself this time, but I think this one took me about 12 minutes per face.

My goal for this Rodeo is to post at least one "Sketch of the Day" each day throughout the entire event, until closing day, Feb 26. Blog posting, I've found, is an addictive habit, and I'm missing my daily paintings! I'll also be trying to work in a few paintings while I'm there  -- we'll see!

No comments:

Post a Comment