Thursday, February 23, 2012

Scotty (and the Quick-Sketch Portrait - day 15)

"Scotty"  (pastel, 7x5 inches)  sold

OK, I've drawn this calf I think 3 times now ("Flekk", and "Spot"-reversed and with a smaller spot) I've decide that I finally need to get out and replenish my supply of photos, because I'm using up my supply and I find I'm getting drawn back to all my favorite pics that I've already painted! I guess there's nothing wrong with that - my paintings have evolved over the last year. I could probably start over with the same images and repaint them all, and they'd all be very different! But for my own need for variety and freshness, I do need some new references.

_______________________________________

Here is today's Quick-Sketch portrait from the San Antonio Rodeo. I did several more as it got close to closing time, but I tend to get into the 'fast' mode when there's a rush, and I don't want to take the extra minute to ask if I can photograph the model with the portrait.

1 comment:

  1. You actually make it seem so easy with your presentation but I find this topic to be actually something which I think I would never understand. It seems too complex and extremely broad for me. I am looking forward for your next post, I’ll try to get the hang of it!
    mobile apps development companies in Pakistan | mobile apps development companies

    ReplyDelete