Sunday, January 12, 2014

A Work In Progress

"Nibbling Sibling" (In Progress) (pastel, 22x28 inches)

Today I had a demo at the Victoria Art League in Victoria, TX. I decided to take my current large cow painting-in-progress, which already has a title, "Nibbling Sibling", featuring the same two Herefords from the popular "Brotherly Love" which sold last year.

In Victoria today I took the painting from this point and added a bit more to it. Here are some shots from the demo:






I normally work more throughout the painting, bringing up the layers gradually all over, but I wanted to at least show how I get to a 'finish' in some part of the painting, because with one this size, the entire thing is a very slow process. So I finished the muzzle and worked my way up the right side of the older sibling.

Next weekend is the workshop at the Victoria Art League, and there are only 3 spaces open! "Pastel in Miniature", Saturday and Sunday, January 18 & 19. This workshop is great for beginner to advanced!
Informational Flyer
Registration Form
Supply List
Lodging Guide
Visit my Workshop Page for a convenient Paypal link. Or Contact Me to sign up and pay at the workshop.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment