Monday, November 3, 2014

North - day 3

"North"  (pastel, 8x8 inches)  click here to bid

Day 3 in my self-inflicted goal of 60 Paintings in 30 days! (30-Paintings-in-30-Days-of-November-Plus-up-to-30-More-to-Carry-Over-into-December... what was I thinking?)

"North" is the name of this one because I'm down to the dregs of 'snowy' and 'icy' and 'milky' names.

I'm still holding steady at 3 paintings in 3 days. Maybe tomorrow I can get an extra one done!

Here are some progress shots:

 The 3 layers of gold primer. This is Quiacridone Nickel Azo Gold fluid acrylic color mixed into Golden (brand) Fine Pumice Gel. The gel is clear, so the color mixture is semi-transparent, and gets darker on each application.
Then (below) I add Art Spectrum (brand) Pastel Primer in the terra cotta color. I lay it into the darkest areas, then scrub and dry-brush it into the medium values of the gold to continue the value scale and add more depth to the monochromatic underpainting.





And here's a sneak peek at the current batch or underpaintings. I guess I did get a lot done today, as there are all ready for the pastel! The paintings will flow faster now...
Yes, that's a dog commission I snuck in there. Do you see it? It's due by Thanksgiving so I added it to this batch.

No comments:

Post a Comment