Tuesday, December 9, 2014

Got Milk? (revised)

"Got Milk?"  (pastel, 12x24 inches)  $975

Available at the Lee-Bunch Studio Gallery in Del Rio TX, through mid January, 2015.

Invited as the Featured Artist for the Del Rio First Friday Art Walk, I had a great weekend taking a load of paintings to the gallery owned by Pam Bunch, a wonderful lady and an excellent artist, especially with watercolors! She graciously hosted me in her home for two nights, and organized a beautiful reception Friday evening.

During the day on Friday, I made some long-over-due revisions to one of my favorite paintings from last year, "Got Milk?" The horrid bright green grasses in the background had always bugged me, so I wiped off that part and made up a new background with some depth, and I used several colors I already saw in the painting to improve the color harmony.

(Here's the old version:)

A couple shots of my 'corner' of the gallery, right as one walks in!


The December first friday in Del Rio is also the Christmas Parade, which goes right past the gallery windows -- a prime spectator spot!


Later, the two young Misses, Miss Del Rio Texas and Miss Del Rio Texas Teen stopped by the reception with their families to see the artwork! (I took advantage of the photo op!)

No comments:

Post a Comment