Thursday, February 12, 2015

Iris

"Iris"  (pastel, 6x6 inches)  click here to bid

I never actually made it in to work today. Candice worked our booth at the rodeo from noon to 8pm. I had things and stuff cropping up all around, and finally asked Candice if she would stay there and close. In exchange I'm opening tomorrow.

I did manage to get Iris done after dinner, along with a new batch of underpaintings, with the plan of taking them in with me tomorrow. We'll see how many I can get done when things are slow!

So what am I talking about? The San Antonio Rodeo! I've had a booth there doing portrait sketches each year since 1994, and this year I had a huge and very pleasant surprise when the exhibit director granted me permission to also do caricatures! (Those had been off limits for years because of another artist who has been there longer... but that's another story.) 


(This is a horribly old photo!) But basically the same booth, but this year a new sign, and caricature samples too!
(My new price sign!)

We're in Booth C-400 on the floor of the coliseum. If you're around south Texas, swing on by for a day! The SA Rodeo has a lot to see and do for the whole family, even if you don't see the rodeo or concerts.

No comments:

Post a Comment