Saturday, July 4, 2015

Land Study 3 (with fireflies)

"Land Study 3" (with fireflies) (pastel, 3.5 x 3.5 inches) framed $125

This was initially painted in Marla Baggetta's workshop at the IAPS pastel convention last month. Along with 5 other little studies of the same scene, this is the one I almost didn't frame this week for the Rockport Art Festival. It was just so dark! Compared to the others, just not as interesting.

Then, I thought "It looks like twilight when the fireflies come out.." So I tried some! Wow, what fun! It worked better than I thought it might, and now I almost like it better than my other favorites! See the whole set on my June 19 blog post.

Here are #2 and #3 in their frames!
The whole set is here with me at the Rockport Art Festival. Today (Saturday) and tomorrow, July 4&5, 2015. (Although this post has been written in advance and scheduled to post Sat morning, so by the time you see this they might be sold!) I'm pricing all 6 at $125 each, or $600 for the set.

If you're in the area, stop by and visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment