Wednesday, April 6, 2016

Tenacity - a Plein Air warm-up, and workshop reminder!

"Tenacity" (pastel, 10x10 inches)  click here to bid

This was my first plein air landscape in ... well, a very long time! Maybe fall of 2013. I had scoped out almost all the locations on the list that Marble Falls has for us last weekend, and this was my last stop on Thursday at a little park called The Falls at Slick Rock (at Hole #14 of the Slick Rock golf course) It was a beautiful place filled with visual overload. I especially loved all the little watery falls rolling over tiers of rocks and plants.

But I knew I'd need something simple as it was already after noon and getting later by the minute. So I settled my rolly-cart-with-chair on that big rock that you can see in the first photo above, clamped on my umbrella, set my pastel box in my lap and got to work on this little tree growing out of this other rock over on the left:
photo
I wish someone had come by and taken a photo of me perched on the other rock. I had a feeling I looked like a real professional plein air painter! But I did get some shots of my own progress:










It looked better on Friday than I thought it looked on Thursday, lol. A big thanks to Terri Ford and Barbara Jaenicke who's workshops I look last year and was remembering techniques and procedures while painting this!

Speaking of workshops, I still have spaces left in my Pastel Workshop in Lee's Summitt, MO (Kansas City area) later this month. Be spontaneous and treat yourself to a fun weekend away! Click the flyer for a closer look, and visit my Workshop Page for more info and a convenient payment link!

No comments:

Post a Comment