Saturday, September 17, 2016

J is for Jaguar

"J is for Jaguar"  (pastel, 8x10 inches)  click here to bid

NOTE from 9/19: This was quickly identified as a Snow Leopard, so I'll be finding another "J" for the alphabet! ;)

I started this one in my workshop last month in Little Rock, but the lighting in the photo was a bit more challenging than I was up to for a workshop demo, so I put it aside for later.

I got in the groove with it today in my studio, listening to Pandora on my new iPhone. I think it worked.

Here are progress shots, from underpainting at the workshop to the finish in studio:


















(The color balance that my camera was catching was way off... the finished image at the top is the scanned painting, and quite accurate!)



Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment