Wednesday, March 22, 2017

Sheep Schemes

"Sheep Schemes"  (pastel, 24x36 inches) $3500

I was due another large painting to round out my art booth this weekend at the Bayou City Art Festival in Houston's Memorial Park, March 24-26, 2017. (Find me in booth 941 on Birch - turn left after coming in the main entrance!)

I've decide I really love painting sheep wool. It can be really messy and they still look good! This is my fourth large sheep painting from this incredibly photogenic herd. It's been loads of fun to rearrange individual sheep into new compositions.

See some of my playful process with the photos that developed into this one:
(click to see larger)
And the final photo composition:





The underpainting process:





And the pastel:







making sure it will look good in the frame



Thanks for watching! Please share!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment