Friday, March 1, 2019

Lady Coco

"Lady Coco" (pastel, 6x4 inches) click here to bid or buy

Painting 2 of my "21-in-31" of March...

I've spent the last five or six Novembers doing what is called in the Daily Painting world a "30-in-30" (30 paintings in the month - one for each day.) My schedule having kept me out of my studio almost since, well, last November, I really want to do a 31-in-31 this month, my first non-November month in many years, But reality and common sense has me modifying my goal to a 21-in-31, which still sounds kinda cool and catchy, and will hopefully give me a few extra days to maybe work on some larger paintings for the Bayou City Art Fest coming up at the end of the month.

So, to give myself a jump-start, I finished up some of January's batch of under-paintings while I was at the Rodeo last month and saved them to include in my March 21-in-31. Honest, that's not cheating! ;) In art, there are no rules!

And since Persephone was posted yesterday, this is my second painting for March!

Here are some progress shots for you:







No comments:

Post a Comment