Tuesday, March 31, 2020

Day 1 - Mooove Back!

"Mooove Back!" (pastel on primed Yupo, 16x8 inches) Click here to bid or buy

Day 1 of 30 paintings in April, 2020. (Read about my new resolution HERE!)

This cow is violating social distancing rules!! 🤣

This was my other painting for the Australian Pastel Expo which was canceled. I started her as a demo for the Seguin Art League earlier last month.


I’ve painted this curious cow before, a couple of times, and thought she was worth another go-round. This time I tried a more extreme cropped composition to amplify the close-up viewpoint.

I met her and her herd on one of my travels around Texas. While the rest of her family kept a cautious distance, she just had to come over and see what I was doing with the little black thing in my hands. That, or she was either looking for treats or warning me away… She was rather vocal in her communication!

I underpainted with warm-toned Art Spectrum primers and inks to catch the feeling of warm sunlight.







 Thanks for reading!
Keep Painting and Wash Your Hands!

.

No comments:

Post a Comment